To help us better prepare for a great Camporee, the Court of Honor is postponed until Monday, April 15.
The new parent orientation will take place during our Troop meeting on Monday, April 1. New parents, if you have not yet signed up for our Google Group email list, please do so. This is an important means of communication. The link is always at the bottom right corner of this home page as well as the calendar.
We will be leaving Friday March 8 and returning Sunday March 10. It is a 4.5 hour drive to the campsite, so cars will be leaving at different times depending on availability to get off work and school. The earliest car will likely leave around 3 to 3:30 pm and the latest around 8pm.
- IMPORTANT! Be at Scouthaus this Thursday at 7pm for a gear up.
- Check gear (especially younger scouts)
- Ensure that grubmasters for each patrol have food.
- Ensure that everyone has a ride and knows when to meet their driver.
- Bring permission slip
- Fee is only $10 plus $20 for your grubmaster.
- You can pay by Paypal (note Death Valley in comment) or bring a check to “Troop 4” on Thursday night.
- If the Thursday meeting is quick, Mr. Heinsen will start the photography merit badge class afterwards for those taking the merit badge.
- Scout cell phones will be allowed on this trip for those taking the photography merit badge class with Mr. Heinsen if that is the camera you want to use.
- If you aren’t taking the class, or are using another camera, leave your cell phone at home. They disrupt communication and camraderie.
- If you are concerned about staying in touch, adult leaders will be sending periodic updates to the Google Group.
- All cell phones will be held by trip leaders unless needed by scouts for the photography work.
- This is a base camp, so pack accordingly. We will probably do a day hike. It will be chilly during the day and cold at night. Dress accordingly.
If you cannot make the Thursday meeting, please let me know who you will be riding with, and who your grubmaster is BEFORE Thursday, and bring your payment and permission slips on Friday.
This will be a great trip!