- Family Information
- BSA Consent and Medical Forms
- Annual Dues
- Adult YPT and Registration (you are here)
Adults complete online Youth Protection Training (YPT)Get YPT
- This is required for all adults registered with BSA.
- Even unregistered parents who plan to have contact with any Scout other than their own, such as driving Scouts to/from events or engaging in Scout activities, must have YPT training.
- You can get YPT training when you sign up or login at my.scouting.org. You do not have to be registered with BSA to have access to my.scouting.org.
- Training must be completed annually and takes about 90 minutes online.
Why adults should register with BSA.
- Scout success is greatly improved with parental involvement.
- Registered adults are properly trained to lead Scouts safely and effectively. “Every Scout deserves a trained leader.”
- Enjoy camaraderie and the satisfaction of working with other registered adults and leaders to guide the Troop.
- Give only as much time as you can. Everyone is a volunteer!
- YOUR life skills are valuable to our Scouts.
- Unregistered adults participating in Scout activities are not covered by BSA insurance or liability waivers.
Adult registration instructions.
- Adults registering for the first time need to complete the entire form using the button below.
- Adults changing position in the troop need to complete the form, but do not need to supply a SSN again.
- New for 2020: all adults must complete the Background Check Authorization to be re-registered, even if not changing positions.